Zoom is a fantastic video software to stay in touch with your colleagues or your friends and family. The platform is very easy to use, and it allows you to schedule or join calls, keep track of your contacts and meetings and make changes to your account settings. We have put together a quick and easy guide on how to get yourself up and running on Zoom.
- Open the browser of your choice and go onto the Zoom website and the download page. Or, you can download the app from your mobile or tablet device.
- Once downloaded, sign in or register for an account and click on the “Home” tab. This will give you the option to start a new meeting, join a current call, schedule a future event or share your screen. You will also find any scheduled meetings on a checklist on the right hand side.
- By clicking on your profile in the top right hand corner, this will open a dropdown menu to make quick changes, such as switching your availability or profile photo. You can also access your settings from this section which will allow you to change things like your video, audio and general settings.
How to invite people to your zoom meeting
If you’re using the desktop or mobile apps, click or tap on the Meetings tab. From there:
- On the desktop app, if you click the “Copy Invitation” button on the screen, a message with your Zoom meeting’s URL, ID, and phone dial-in information will be copied to your clipboard that you can drop in an email or a text message.
- On the mobile app, when you tap the “Send Invitation” button, you’ll be presented with three options: “Send Message,” which will let you text your meeting URL to someone; “Send Email,” which will open up an email with your meeting’s information; or “Copy to Clipboard,” which will copy your Zoom meeting’s URL and meeting ID to your phone’s clipboard.
You can also invite people to your meeting while you’re already in it:
- On the desktop app, on the toolbar that shows up when you move your mouse in the meeting window, click the “Invite” button. When you do, Zoom will open a window where you can invite your Zoom contacts, send an email with information on how to access your Zoom meeting, copy your meeting URL to your clipboard, or copy a longer message with your meeting URL and dial-in information to your clipboard.
- On the mobile app, tap “Participants” on the bottom row of icons and then tap the “Invite” button on the bottom of the next screen. When you do, you’ll be able to send an email invite, send a text message invite, invite your Zoom contacts, or copy the meeting URL to your phone’s clipboard.