What is Minecraft?
Minecraft is usually recommended for ages 8 and up as isn’t excessively violent and is quite easy to learn how to use. For many children Minecraft or Roblox is usually one of their first online gaming experiences. Its popularity is highlighted on YouTube as the views as of all fan videos on the video platform, 41% were generated by Minecraft.
What are the features of the game?
The purpose of the game is simply to build and explore (and survive). Players can play by themselves or with others in the community in servers . Servers have a high a high sense of community where the members communicate with each other. Within community servers users may be expected to participate in community projects, play civilly, and build long lasting friendships. As children are playing the game we need to ensure they only have people who they know in their community as the characters have anonymity and it is difficult to distinguish who they actually are.
Chat Rules for Minecraft
- No spamming.
- No racism.
- No all caps talking. This is considered shouting.
- No unapproved links.
- Be appropriate, No counting up or down.
- Don’t complain about lag.
- Don’t curse in public chats or in personal ones.
- In-game chat can be seen in Discord and vice versa, be nice to people!
What platforms can it be played on?
There are a number of versions of Minecraft and it is a multi-platform game. You can see the corresponding game to console below:
- Minecraft: Java Edition – Windows, Mac, Linux
- Minecraft for Windows 10 – Windows 10, VR Headsets
- Minecraft for Mobile Devices – Apple, Android, Amazon phones and tablets
- Minecraft for Xbox – Xbox One,
Xbox One X|S,
Xbox Series X|S
- Minecraft for Nintendo Switch – Nintendo Switch
- Minecraft for Playstation – PlayStation 4,
- Minecraft: Xbox One Edition – Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition – Xbox 360
- Minecraft: PS4 Edition – Playstation 4
- Minecraft: PS3 Edition – Playstation 3
- Minecraft: Playstation Vita – Playstation Vita
- Minecraft: Wii U Edition – Nintendo Wii U
- Minecraft: New Nintendo 3DS Edition – New Nintendo 3DS
- Minecraft: China Version – Windows, Android, and Apple devices
- Minecraft: PI Edition – Raspberry PI
How can you keep you child safe on Minecraft?
You can use the parental settings below to help keep your child safe online: