DSL Safeguarding and E-Safety Course
- Identify various online and offline safeguarding issues and risks.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a designated safeguarding lead.
- Understand mental health in the classroom.
- Understand context in sexual violence.
- Identify and understand relevant statutory guidance for E-safety and Safeguarding.
- Recognise the roles and responsibilities of staff and the educational facility.
- Understand who to share information with and why multi-agency working is important.
- Understand Reporting procedures and why reporting and record keeping is important when recording safeguarding risks.
- Understand key safeguarding legislation guidance and framework and how they relate to keeping a child safe.
- Identify definitions and indicators of neglect and abuse.
- Be more confident and competent when identifying and understanding safeguarding and e-safety risks in an educational setting.
- Work towards improving your personal development e-safety and safeguarding knowledge to achieve CPD hours.
- Identifying and responding to different types of harm and abuse, reporting safeguarding concerns, supporting children and engaging parents and carers.
- Implementing a whole school approach towards safeguarding children online.